(This is the first of a series of posts on some of my friends for their achievements in life. I am starting with a friend who most bloggers know.)
Let me start with a question. Tell me an Indian woman who I can call a role model for others. Is it Sonia Gandhi for controlling the government of the largest democracy or is it Pratibha Patil for being the first women President of India? Could it be Kiran Bedi for her initiative in fight against corruption? May be it is Mayawati for some people. A Bollywood fan may say Katrina Kaif or Aishwarya Rai.
Can a normal person follow the footsteps of any of these famous (or infamous) women? My guess is not and my choice is:
- A girl who starts from scratch.
- She studies on scholarship and gets excellent grades.
- She secures admission in an Engineering college on merit.
- While studying, she works part time to meet her ends.
- She takes up a job in Information Technology in a multinational company.
- She earns enough to buy an apartment in one of the most expensive cities of India.
- No silver spoon to start with, no magic wand, no lottery, and no unfair means. Simple hard work and dedication.
- Younger generation can follow her footsteps to achieve tangible goals.
This self made friend is Bindu and most bloggers know her as Insignia in blogosphere. I think she did an awesome job. Though we may all say intellect and character development reflects the success of a person, financial accomplishment is extremely important. I decided a post on her as she recently purchased her own house and made it home.
Congratulations Bindu and continue to be a role model for all of us.