It is not unusual for phone to ring just at the ‘right’ time. (See the quotation mark around right). Of course it is absolutely essential to attend these calls. Let us see some of these ‘ringing at right time’ experiences:
- A hairdresser is diligently working on his hair. She picks up the sharp blade and starts cutting the sideburns. Ring Ring Ring. Instinctively trying to save himself from a bee bite, the dude jumps to grab the phone from his pocket. His head moves and the blade cuts the cheek instead of sideburn. Worry about the bleeding later, the dude needs to speak with his girl friend first. Guess what! It is not his girl friend; it is a telemarketer trying to sell hair products.
- Travelers are taking out laptop from cases, removing shoes and jacket, putting keys, coins and metallic objects in the trey for the security check. But he has to attend the ringing phone and start talking. Mr. Executive, you have an important job but we also have a plane to catch. Do we need to wait for your phone conference to finish for the security check!
- Bluetooth made talking on phone safe in a car and it is legal. So let us keep talking. So what if the fellow passengers cannot be part of the conversation. Courtesy, politeness and consideration towards other are not part of dictionary in this new era of technology.
- Dedicated employees work at odd hours. Besides odd hours, they attend to phone calls at odd places too e.g. office restrooms (bathrooms). What if it is unhygienic environment, foul smell and others are listening to conversation? Phone calls need to be answered promptly.
- Shower is the best part of the morning. Body and mind wake up with the water flowing from the head to the toe. Hot water, white cotton like shower gel and rhyming of an old song prepares us for the long day ahead. Suddenly the phone speaker transmits the famous song used as the ringer. Cell phone is not water proof yet it needs to be answered. Just dry one hand & one ear and talk. Phone call cannot wait for shower to complete – sometimes multi tasking is required.
Dear Readers: - I can add a couple of more ‘sensitive’ situations but let us see what readers have to say. I can almost imagine the comments of some people if they read this post.